What is Ergonomics?
Ergonomics is the process of designing and arranging work spaces, systems and products to maximise productivity, while reducing fatigue and injury risk.
Lower back pain is one of the most common work-related injuries, and often leads to time off work. According to Safe Work Australia, the total economic cost of work-related injuries and illnesses is estimated to be $60.6 billion.
How Collins Place Physio can help you
Our experienced Physiotherapists can assess and correct your workstation for your unique requirements.
The ergonomic assessment includes:
- A detailed investigation into your pain and work duties.
- Assessment of your seat type and height, the types of work performed, computer and screen height, keyboard and mouse position, phone position, filing and shelving etc.
- Advice and self-management strategies to help you manage your pain and stay pain free.
- A detailed ergonomic report, highlighting improvements that have been made as well as recommendations for future management.
- Prescription and supply of high quality ergonomic equipment including chairs, sit-stand desks, ergonomic mouse, laptop stands and keyboards.